Re-Elect Dan Roe for Roseville Mayor
Dan is not partisan or a professional politician. In all of his service to Roseville, he has proven himself to be a fair-minded listener, a pragmatic problem-solver, and an effective communicator.
Dan is the Minnesota-born and raised oldest child of a United Methodist minister father and a physical therapist mother. He has 2 younger sisters .
When Dan received his degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Michigan in 1990, he settled in Roseville, buying his home here in 1994.
Dan has worked for a Twin Cities industrial equipment manufacturer since 1990, since 1992 as a regional sales manager.
After several years of volunteer work on city issues, and 4 campaigns in 4 years, Dan was elected to the Roseville City Council in 2006, and then Mayor in 2010, 2014, and again in 2018.
Join Us Voting for Dan
- Peg Kennedy & Mike Feist
- Mary & Dave Holt
- Eric Dickson
- Debby & Bob Willmus
- Carole & Ralph Erickson
- Jim Stark
- Mary & Jeff Johnson
- Bill Masche
- Sharon & Daryl Brown
- Jessica & Jason Etten
- Rich McNamara
- Jerry Stoner
- Debra & Greg Gogins
- Bill & Yuri Farmer
- Gale & Roy Pederson
- Lisa Laliberte
- Todd & Holly Anderson
- Robin Schroeder & Peter Ryan
- Dave Rustad
- Joan & Bob Bierscheid
- Julie Kimble
- Barbara Yates
A part of mayoral leadership that I strongly believe in is making sure that the city council arrives at the best and most informed decision for the community in every case, even if that is at odds with my own position.
- Teamed to lead development & implementation of the City’s first long-term infrastructure finance plan
- Co-led the joint Rice/Larpenteur vision planning efforts with Maplewood, St. Paul, and Ramsey County; remains on the Rice & Larpenteur Alliance board
- Initiated the upcoming 2022 community visioning update
- Helped initiate and plan the Imagine Roseville conversations on race and local government/policing issues
- Opposed disbanding the Roseville Police and giving up local control to the Ramsey County Sheriff
- Supported the Park Renewal Program and community based planning for the park system
- Supports and is actively involved in the Business Retention and Expansion program to grow our tax base
- Led the council through the City Manager transition in 2013
- Teamed to lead the communications restructure in the City Admin department
City Councilmember (2007-10)
- Budget and finance reformer, advocating long range planning, transparent and understandable documentation, and attention to impacts of decisions on taxpayers
- Helped craft property and nuisance code enforcement improvements
- Proposed and passed an update to the special election ordinance to eliminate long-term council appointments
- Teamed to strengthen our liquor enforcement ordinances
Met Council Land Use Advisory Committee (2019-current)
- Advise the Met Council on land use matters from a local perspective
City Representative on Cable Commission (2008-current, chair 2010-11, 2018-19)
- Led search and hire of new Executive Director in 2019; leading 2022 search as well
- Key leader in strategic planning
- Worked on site selection and move to new facilities
City Representative/Board Member of Northeast Youth & Family Services (2013-18, Vice Chair 2016-18)
Member of the Parks Master Plan Citizen Advisory Team (2009-10)
Member of the Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee (2008-09)
Member of the Roseville Planning Commission (2005-06)
Member of Roseville HRA Rental Licensing Study Group (2006)
Member of the Twin Lakes Stakeholder Panel advisory group (2004)
When Dan has time away from his work as Mayor, or from his “day job,” he can be found reading, enjoying music, being an active US and international traveler, running, and especially spending time outdoors camping, canoeing, kayaking, or just keeping up with yard work.